The ACMA have amended the amateur LCD as a result of their recent public consultation.
The changes are summarised as follows:
- FL are now allowed digital modes
- FL can now connect their stations to the internet
- FL can now allow another person to operate their station under their supervision (“2nd operator”)
- FL can now build their own equipment
- FL bandwidth mode restrictions removed (applies to all classes as well)
- There are no changes to output power or bands.
The changes took effect on 21 September and may be viewed here:
A detailed explanation of the changes may be viewed here:
To all our F calls; welcome to the world of digital amateur radio.