The ACMA have released a public consultation paper on proposed changes to amateur licence conditions.
This paper sets out the following proposals for public consideration:
- proposed changes to amateur licence conditions that are
reflected in the draft omnibus instrument. These are:
- changes requested by the amateur community that will account for technological changes, reduce restrictions and increase flexibility for licensees
- removal of amateur advanced licensees’ access to the 3575–3600 MHz band within areas reallocated for spectrum licensing by the relevant dates
- changes requested by the amateur community that the ACMA considers desirable for the medium term and is seeking feedback on
- additional proposals for change that we have identified for the medium term to longer term aimed at reducing the overall regulatory burden of amateur licensing arrangements.
RASA will be making a detailed submission.
Comments close on 9th August.
The paper may be found here:
We have commissioned a survey to seek your views.